This week Frankie & Coco PDX's Oregon Truffle Salt is our salt of the week. It really does change by the week around here. We do love Sriracha Salt sprinkled over bagel and cream cheese for breakfast. It's Friday movie night here and we have a great recipe for the perfect popcorn. We use air-popped popcorn but you could also use stove-top or microwave. If you like a little more sophisticated taste to your popcorn (beyond butter and salt) there are many options using flavorful oils and sautéed garlic to melted butter. Let us know how it goes. Feel free to swap out any of the Frankie & Coco PDX's salts for this recipe.
Oregon Truffle Sea Salt Popcorn with Herbes de Provence
Cook time: 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, or to taste
- 1 teaspoons dried Herbes de Provence, crumbled
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1½ teaspoons Oregon Truffle Sea Salt
- Pop your popcorn kernels in an air popper.
- Transfer popcorn to a large bowl. We use a large metal mixing bowl.
- Pour the butter over the hot popcorn, sprinkle with the Oregon Truffle Sea Salt and Herbes de Provence. For a perfect even coat of butter and salt we place another metal mixing bowl over the top and shake vigorously. You can also toss until evenly coated.